| This bathroom lacked a shower. The problem with this room is its shape. It
has sloped ceilings and our first task was to tackle the layout of the room
on a computer.
We then decided the logical way to seal the sloped ceiling was to use toughened and painted glass. We have used this specialist product in the past and the result is always fantastic.
When we lifted the lino from the floor, to our horror we discovered glued down rubber underlay. As the photographs show, we scraped the rubber from the floor using methylated spirits and lots of elbow grease!
We then sanded the floor, replaced damaged boards and stained the boards before applying sealant. The result is a beautiful floor with a comforting warm feeling underfoot and character by the bucket load!
Our client decided (quite rightly) that it would be a crime to throw out the old slipper bath. Before we plumbed the new Lefroy Brooks brassware, we re-enameled the bath. We then painted the outside and feet in contrasting colours.
While undertaking this work we also updated the hot water cylinder to a mains pressure un-vented system.
The traditional pillar radiator was spray painted. Most of the photographs show the radiator before spray painting. The final photograph shows it in a delightful metallic grey.
The walls were re-plastered to remove defects before decorating.
All the brassware, tiles and sanitary ware is made by Lefroy Brooks.
The shower tray is an ultra slim Matki model with a JT40 high flow waste.
This bathroom was by no means ugly before we undertook our renovation. It was however tired and lacking its full potential in both function and aesthetics. With our work complete, our client has been left with a stunning room that meets and exceeds their everyday needs.